Friday, June 3, 2011

And so it begins...

So i have decided to once again try to blog and this time to get through more than one or two pathetic posts. I figured the only way to keep myself interested in it would be to blog about things that i enjoy doing and thing that i am doing often. So that narrows it down a little but still gives a lot of scope for possibilities too.

What am i doing... well at the moment alot of my time is taking up with homeschooling my three munchkins. At first it was a really daunting experience but now that the first few hurdles of organisation are tacked, I am actually starting to enjoy it. I am also learning alot in the process. I love the fact that we can discover so much more than what is just in the syllabus/curriculum. If we are discussing endangered species and look at the Baobab tree, we can go further into the subject and look up some history and myths regarding the trees. It makes for a much more interesting day altogether.

Little one (and that would be the youngest - she is almost 5 years old now) loves to colour and practise her writing. Some days she wants to do "school work". Other days she just wants to run around playing crazy. One thing that i have don loads of searching for is FLASH CARDS and little lesson plans that can be used for her. There are loads of things out there on the internet to be downloaded. But not all of it is going to work for us. There are certain things that i would prefer to do in certain ways. So this is were my other talent comes in. Designing... so i have started with planning in my head of making up lesson plans etc for her. So i figured i may as well share these on here in the hope that it may help others too.

First thing i have put together is a little poster that will sit on our notice board...

1 comment:

  1. I must comment here that so far it seems i am the only one that sees this right now.. very frustrating!! But maybe it will sink in a little through time... sigh

    ReplyDelete